The Inov-8 F-Lite 195 is great for people who are just getting started with CrossFit. It’s a good pair of minimalist shoes that will help you with both lifting and intense cardio workouts, without having to spend a fortune.
The F-Lite 195 has a synthetic mesh upper, which allows your feet to breathe well so your feet stay cool during your workouts. The toe box is slightly big, which allows you to spread out your toes when you’re running.
Although they are not Olympic weightlifting shoes, the F-Lite 195 provides enough support for lifting weights. Since the heels don’t have as much cushioning compared to running shoes, you are able to balance a lot better when doing lifts such as the squats and overhead presses.
The F-Lite 195 will also help correct your running form. If you’re a “heel-first” striker, you’ll notice that it’s difficult to strike with your heel first with these shoes. The shoes will force you to land on either your mid-sole or on your toes.
One of the complaints about these shoes is that they sometimes don’t hold up well when you’re doing a lot of rope climbs. Some users have mentioned that the shoe’s rubber sole tore off right in the middle of their rope climb.
Some users have also mentioned that the shoes run a bit larger, so they recommend getting them a half size smaller than what you would normally wear for running shoes.
User Feedback: Inov-8 F-Lite 195 Review
• Very light, comfortable, and cool-looking.
• Perfect balance of being lightweight with strong traction and durability.
• Provides a good stable platform, which is helpful when you’re lifting weights.
• Provides good arch support.
• Great all-around shoes, which are good for lifting, running, and box jumps.
• Ready to use straight out of the box, so no need to break them in.
• Not as expensive compared to other shoes like the Reebok CrossFit Nano 3.0 or Inov-8 F-Lite 240.
• Very narrow, so not great for people with wide feet.
• Not good for rope climbs as they cause wear and tear.